Sunday, December 29, 2013

December 29, 2013

 
Hey Family!!

It has been a really good week here! I loved Christmas! I hope that all of your Christmas' were good too! It has been a really good week to focus on our Savior Jesus Christ and make him the center of our holiday season. The week started off really well, I have been here in the offices working on a ton of crap trying to get all the information into Salt Lake before the end of the year! Plus we have been hit with a ton of the end of the year finance stuff!! haha Not what I thought a 20 year old missionary would be doing! But I have been learning a ton!! What I have been doing a lot of is, well here in the mission the missionaries receive a monthly amount of money to buy their basic needs and travel and things like that. And sometimes they have to buy more things than usual or have to travel more, and all of that money that they spend extra is reimbursable, so they have to send in their receipts to the offices and I have to go through all of them and make sure that they are somewhat reasonable and that they have a good reason to get their money back! The past week, I am not sure if I told you guys, but the mission bought microwaves for the whole mission!! 125! 1 per house! So the Presidents secretary was supposed to send the addresses for the drop off points along the mission so it would be easier to get them out to all the missionaries, but he did not do it on time. So we got 125 microwaves delivered here to the offices!!! Holy crap! There was a ton of microwaves!! It was crazy! and they're not little either! They're actually really nice! Stainless steel Whirlpool brand microwaves! So we had to unload them and try and fit them in here in the offices! Then my President just happen to put me in charge of writing down each serial number of the microwaves! So that has been pretty time consuming, 
Down here in Mexico they celebrate their Christmas on the 24th, so that night we got invited to go eat at 3 different houses in our ward here!! I was sooo full!!! I haven't eaten so much in a long time! But it was all really good! Then the next day was Christmas! So that morning I opened the presents that my family had sent to me! It was awesome! Then that whole day we just worked like normal and that night I got to talk to my family! It was so good to see everyone! I was so happy! Made me miss them a lot! But everything is good! The last couple of days we have been working in our area a little! It has been really nice! And we actually have been having somewhat a successful rest of the week! 
I cant believe that this year is already coming to a end! It probably has been the fastest year of my life! I am so grateful for the blessing that this mission has been in my life and all the great things that Our Heavenly Father has blessed us with! 
I love you all!

Elder Liljenquist
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment