Wednesday, March 12, 2014

March 10, 2014

Hey Family!!

How is everyone! I miss all of you like crazy! It was a pretty good week this week! We have been working pretty hard in our area! And especially with our investigators. It has been another up and down week! So many good things but also a couple things that sucked! Haha.. the weather this past week was another hot one! haha.. The rainy season here is offically over and all the people can talk about is how hot it is going to get! Its kinda funny. They all complain so much about the heat! And when it was cold, they were all crying for the sun to come out! Haha... Who knows what they want!

We have been working a ton with they family that I talked to you guys about the last week. The mom's name is Shabata… haha. And she has 3 boys and a husband that is mas or menos interested! But they are a great family! The oldest boy who is my age, is not that interested either! But we have been working with him. The part that's good is that he has the hots for one of the young women in the ward! haha. So, I mean if that's the way he comes to church ,it's alright with me;) haha. The mom is really progressing well. We presented the B.O.M. She accepted it and we explained everything about it to them. Yesterday the mom came to church but none of the family came with her. Looks like I am gonna have to start taking the young women out to work with us so her sons will come!! 

We are still working with Claudia and her family, It looks like that it's not going to work out and thats what I am the most afraid of. They are moving, but that's not really the problem, She still is not married to her husband and doesn't have any plans to get married to him! Gosh! I dont understand! Her daughter ( who we thought was just sick) is pregnant again!! She is 17 and is going to have 2 kids. And Emanuel moved out of the house and is working all the time. I love this family, They just have a lot of things going on inside the house that needs to be changed. It's just when they realize that we can't make them change. 

I have been trying really hard just to do the things that I need to be doing this past week. We have been working in this area for a little more than 2 and 1/2 months and not seen much progress. And it sucks! The members here are great and it's a good area in that aspect! But in this area, I feel that the people are a lot more closed than any other of my areas that I have had! I have also had a ton of hard things happen in this area. But I feel more than anything that it has helped me grow, I (like my Dad) get really stressed when things aren't going well, and I will push myself and go and go and go until I am completley out of gas. I am almost positive that's why I had a surgery here in Mexico, But the members here have noticed. And a sister in the ward shared a scripture with me in Mosiah 4 27 (my favorite scripture) that there is an order for everything and we can't run faster than our strength permits us to. I hope that we can all understand this concept. I love all of you!!

Elder Liljenquist

No comments:

Post a Comment