Tuesday, November 19, 2013

November 18, 2013 - 11 Months!!

Hey Family!

Another week down here in Parrilla, Tabasco! It was a pretty good week this week! We had a lot of rain and it actually got cold!! Some of you might laugh but I have been here for almost a year now and have kinda gotten used to the 100 and 110s! haha.... So when we dropped down into the 60s, I was frezzing my butt off!!! It wasnt that bad.. but haha I was really cold! and the shower!! It was the worst! Pure ice!
It has been a really good week in the work! We have been having a hard time finding new people to teach and to work with! We have been praying really hard that we could be able to find some new people to begin teaching! There is a family of recent converts that we have been working with alot! Family Figaroa. They are a really awesome family and have helped us this week with a lot of references with people to start teaching! One of the families daughter has a friend that is really interested in listening to us! So they invited her over to their house Saturday night and we had a little family night together. It went really well! We taught her the Restoration and the Book of Mormon. At the end, she asked us how we baptize. Because she was baptized in the Catholic church was she was just a baby. So we explained to her how Jesus Christ was baptized, and then explained that if we dont get baptized in the same way as Christ, we cant have a baptism that is valid. Then we invited her to be baptized and she accepted!! Her name is Jessica. I know that Heavenly Father is listening to our prayers!
We have another lesson with Abraham! He is doing really well! and progressing a ton! He just doesnt see it. We taught him the Plan of Salvation. It went really well! And in the plan, we explained the Word of Wisdom as well! Turns out he is clean! haha! and at the end of the lesson, we put a date for him for the 7 of December! He says that he will prepare to be baptized this day haha so not really much we can do there! 
We have had some really good lessons this past week with new investigators and new things happening. It has been really good! We had another lesson with the less active family that I told you about the last week. We caught them with all of their family and we had not really planned anything to share with them. I felt that we should share something about Jesus. I shared a scripture about the life of Jesus and his purpose for you and me (Mosiah 3) It went really good, this family has been trying to reactivate themselves for a long time! I could see the look on their faces that it was time to start changing!
I have been learning so much here in the mission, more than I have in my whole life! I have learned how much I love each and every one of you and how important this Gospel is in our lives. That Change is apart of life, and we need to roll with the punches and let our faith and love for God pick us back up. Humility is something that has been the biggest change for me. Being humble is the hardest attribute that we can learn in this life, but when we do, all the others come with it. I know that this Gospel is true, and I am so thankful for each and everyone of you. I love you all.

Elder Liljenquist

No comments:

Post a Comment